Saturday, August 28, 2010

And that's why they call them terrible two's!!

Okay to start I have to post this adorable pic of my two beautiful babies because more than anything motherhood has taught me that even the worst day isn't that bad compared to how amazing they make life! Just look at those precious kids!
....but I also have to admit that even my angel can be a little tyrant at times! She is so independant and smart and curious, it gets the best of her at times;) Don't get me wrong-we are extremely blessed to have a child that is so sweet and who almost always listens and obeys. But she is 2 and with that comes a little exploration and testing boundaries, most of the time mommy's! She's so funny though when she does it that I almost have to laugh (almost). It's so cute to hear her, after we've said no to something, slump her shoulders and say "puh-leeeeeaase" in the most heartbroken voice. And the one that drive's Daddy the craziest is when she doesn't want to do something she says "can't do it", which is better than the occassional "don't want to" that we get! There have been only a couple truly horrific meltdowns so far by my sweet baby, and both involved wanting to "drive mommy's Jeep" (which she loves to pretend to do), and a severe lack of sleep (which is rare and never a good thing)! I know that every toddler has to learn by trial and error,and I feel blessed to be the one responsible for showing her the way. Luckily I have also been blessed with an almost neverending amount of patience too;) So here's a picture of my very independant, strong-willed girl, who even as all the other kids were running in the fountains having fun, she never has liked fountians and would only get this close to it for the picture-but it's oh so much sweeter because I know that's my girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment