Saturday, August 28, 2010

Slowly Coming Back to Life (i.e. life with a newborn)





So I realize that it's been over a month since my last post. Well let me tell you that life in the Wolsiefer house these past few weeks has consisted of mostly me feeding Jack, with little bits of life in between! We have been sooo lucky with Amelia during this huge transition in our family! She has been so patient and understanding for a 2 year old, never getting upset even after the fifteenth time of hearing "I'll get your drink/snack/movie/toy.. after I finish feeding the baby", instead she just says oookkaaay in her adorable voice and goes about her business. I am so happy that I have been able to nurse Jack like I did Amelia, even though sometimes it can be a little challenging. It just melts my heart to feel this bond growing between me and Jack, the same bond that me and Amelia still have today! So for the most part things are going pretty well!

Since my last post when we brought baby Jack home, we haven't done much but stay out of the heat and enjoy our new family of four! But here's a recap of what we have done:

Our best friends welcomed their first baby Adalynn a few weeks ago, and we are so excited for them!

We took Amelia and Jack to the Ducks Unlimited Greenwing Event (a banguet for the children of DU). Amelia was in the duck calling competition and was sooo cute! She didn't win but she had the best style!

Our friend Gunner turned 5 years old and we went to his swim party, and our good friends Matt and Melanie surprised everyone when the engagement party we were supposed to be going to for them turned into a wedding reception after they had a very unexpected wedding the night before! Congrats guys-we can't wait to go to their big wedding next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment